Inferrix Wireless Mesh Sensors
Inferrix Sensors are based on a de-centralised wireless communication protocol. With the unique de-centralised operation, the devices contain all the intelligence. The devices themselves make all decisions locally and co-operatively. This enables the most reliable, optimised, scalable and simple to use connectivity for devices.
Inferrix Sensors enable large scale deployment:
- Unlimited scale, coverage, and density:Unlimited scale in number of devices and coverage as all devices are able to route data and decisions are made locally. The networks can cover large geographical areas and provide connectivity in hard to reach places such as deep indoors and basements. Ultra-high device densities as well as sparse installations are enabled by WPC.
- High reliability and availability:There are multitude of self-healing and interference avoidance methods built into WPC. These enable high reliability and availability. The devices are connected and available 24/7. All this is independent of the environment dynamics and interferences.
- Low power and low latency:With the highly energy-efficient operation, all devices (including devices routing data) in the network can be battery-operated with multi-year lifetime. Low latency multi-hop message transfer is supported for applications requiring delays in the order of tens to hundreds of ms.
- Lowest total cost of ownership:Minimises both capital costs (CAPEX) and operational costs (OPEX). No extra infrastructure is needed as the devices themselves form the network, the fully automatic operation enables easy and quick installation, and the firmware runs on low cost radio hardware.
- Openness and flexibility:Easy-to-use open API for applications to use the network services, and the network can be integrated to any system and used in any application. IPv6 is supported for scenarios that require native IPv6 addressing to every single device. All the protocol intelligence is implemented in the WPC firmware and de-coupled from the physical layer. Thus, the firmware can run on any radio hardware and frequency band.
- Future proof:Developed to meet the evolving demands of IoT applications. Thus, the protocol adapts to the application, not vice versa. Efficient Over the Air Programming (OTAP) support enables remote updates for already installed devices. Both the protocol firmware and application can be remotely updated. This way, the lifetime of the installed hardware can be maximised.